METHODOLOGY OF THE COURSE – ADDED VALUE
The course methodology will ensure the active involvement of the participants in all phases, that is, prior, during and after the delivery of the course. More specifically, upon confirmation that the course will take place, the participants will receive preparatory material (if needed), which will cover all important concepts to be presented during the delivery of the course.
The methodology of the training is based on a combination of three important elements:
- Provision of knowledge required (theory)
- Use of training tools, such as case studies, videos, games, animations & exercises (practice – hands on experience)
- Feedback/reflection (review)
BENEFITS TO PARTICIPANTS – SKILLS & COMPETENCES
The course is ideal for school principals, teachers of primary and secondary education, educational & clinical psychologists and parents who wish to gain in depth understanding of Autism and capability to identify the key characteristics associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
By the end of the course, participants will have acquired capabilities to:
- Understand Autism and be able to comprehend the world from the point of view of the Autistic Individual
- Identify the key characteristics associated with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Learn to identify the causes behind behaviours
- Understand and Manage Behavioural risk assessment
- Learn positive and practical strategies for intervention and opportunities for inclusion