The course Innovative Approaches to Teaching is a practical guide which helps to improve quality and effectivity of educational process in any classroom. Encouraging creativity, organising projects, integrating minority pupils or using ICT as a tool for developing critical thinking are examples of the course modules that will broaden your teaching potential and motivate your students.
Thematic and interdisciplinary content will be introduced in nine modules by several tutors. You will work within a group instructional setting; guidance will be given on current theoretical knowledge without being lecture orientated. From practical examples to designing your own tasks and lesson plans, you will exchange ideas and gain new skills in a positive, “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities.
- Module 01 – Theoretical module – 21st Century Skills
- Module 02 – Critical and creative thinking, how can it be developed?
- Module 03 – Inquiry based learning, Task based learning
- Module 04 – Designing, implementing and assessing a project
- Module 05 – Using ICT tools for assessment
- Module 06 – Dealing with multicultural classes
- Module 07 – Adapting teaching materials to suit the needs of differentiated classes
- Module 08 – Metacognition, teaching students to learn
- Module 09 – ICT as a tool for development of creativity and critical thinking
- Module 10 – Formative vs. summative assessment, rubrics, checklists, peer and self-assessment
Guided City Tour