Today’ classroom is a crossroad, where learners from various cultures and different abilities meet. This course enables you to deal with 21st century classroom challenges and provides practical guide to teachers of all subjects and levels. Meet colleagues from different countries and be encouraged to create an inclusive, active and open educational environment with low stress level which is responsive to individual and community needs.
The course is based on “learning by doing” training through various collaborative and reflective activities. The content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules within a group instructional setting. You will meet several tutors and gradually generate classroom-based strategies suitable for work in multicultural and mixed ability classes.
- Module 1 – Facing challenges of culturally diverse and mixed ability classes
- Module 2 – Streaming and tracking across the EU
- Module 3 – Overcoming stereotypes, prejudice and discrimination
- Module 4 – Approaching multicultural classes
- Module 5 – Individual leaning styles, Gardner’s multiple intelligences
- Module 6 – Differentiated instructions for Mixed ability and Special needs students
- Module 7 – Developing reading and writing skills in culturally diverse and mixed ability classes
- Module 8 – Developing effective communication skills
- Module 9 – Raising cultural awareness through games
- Module 10 – Adapting teaching materials, designing multicultural projects
- Module 11 – Assessment of student’s skills
- Module 12 – Use of ICT for raising cultural awareness
- Module 13 – Individual projects and presentation
Guided City Tour